|Grenadian damson tree laden with fruit|
My all-time favorite is Damson stew. Damson, not to be confused with Damsel, has as many names as the Caribbean has ethicities: gooseberry, sour cherry and jimbilin to name a few.
|Th original damson fruit|
|Red sour cherry stew compliments Caribbeanpot.com|
1. Eat the sauce off the damsons.
2. Re-dip and re-lick. Do this as often as you like.
3. Finally, take your time with the soft flesh around the pit.
4. Repeat step two with the pit.
5. Attack classmates with the pit. Optional but preferred.
As much as I miss my childhood days, I promise this behavior is a thing of the past. What cherished childhood memories of snacks do you have? Feel free to share below.