Double Fig Bread3 Rock Figs, mashed equivalent to one large banana
3 Common Figs, diced equivalent to 1 cup
2 cups flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1 tsp baking powder1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp mixed essence
1 tsp all spice
3/4 cup plain yoghurt
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven at 375 C.
2. Mix sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and all spice. Set aside.
3. Mix yoghurt and Rock Fig together and set aside.
4. Cream butter and sugar together. Beat in eggs one at a time.
5. Add essence and yoghurt banana mixture and mix in well.
6. Stir in the dry mixture and end by folding in Common Figs.
7. Bake for 40 mins at 400 C or remove when tooth pick comes out clean.
8. Cool and slice..Happy Bday Sis!