Bite me Christmas: Malta

I absolutely love and miss malta, especially the Vita Malt brand. Although it is available all the time, my parents always kept a case around at Christmas, so I tend to associate it with this season. Malta is made by brewing barley and hops and is later sweetened and carbonated. It's non-alcoholic so its smooth, creamy taste can be enjoyed by all.

Vita Malt, in particular, is said to provide energy and a great amount of nutrients (Vita stands for vitamin).
According to the website a 330ml bottle contains 50g carbohydrates, 42g of which are sugars, 2g Protein and 30mg Sodium.Yes, you saw right, no fat! Celebrate! Celebrate! Please continue to drink in moderation. I've got my eyes on you. On another website, it was stated that a malta beverage usually contains various amounts of Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc, Iron, Phosphorus, Manganese, Selenium, Copper and Sodium. No wonder those Vita Malt sponsored teams were so hard to beat.

Taste varies from brand to brand and also within the brand. After all every customer in every region must be satisfied. Denmark's, the original producer, is lighter and less frothy than the Caribbean produced. What can I say? We always go all out. But I'll tell you, the more I think about that dark-brown mountain, the more I need to be home for Christmas. Not much could compare to sipping an icy Vita Malt and ole talk. So no more talking. Let's look at some photos.




Update with pictures from home coming soon....

0 comments