Mommy taught me: Beat the HEAT

Chongqing is so hot, that when you step into a hot spring you feel cold.  Chongqing is so hot that you sweat while you're taking a shower. Chongqing is sooo hot that my 5 inch wide sun hat bakes and protects me at the same time. And the jokes could go on. How do I survive...listening Third World's 96 degrees in the shade? Nope. Those silky voices do not cool me down. However, these drinks do. So where ever you are, use them to keep nice and moist inside and try not to get too toasty on the outside.

Jasmine Iced tea

1 tsp loose jasmine tea ( I'm totally in love)
2 cups hot water
4 tsp white sugar

1. Using my teapot infuser, I draw the leaves in hot water for two minutes or until light brown. It's important not to go overtime, to preserve the floral taste.

2. Transfer to a pitcher and mix in sugar. Chill for a couple hours

3. Drink to the last drop!!






Honey I'm home Lemonade

1 lemon, thinly sliced 
3 mandarins, peeled and sliced ( Other citrus fruits are welcomed)
1 tbsp honey
4 tbsp sugar
1 cup room temp. water
Plenty plenty ice

1. Arrange fruit at the bottom of the pitcher. Make it look pretty!

2. Mix honey and  sugar in water until dissolved, then add to pitcher

3. Fill the remaining space with ice cubes. I used about 42 cubes and chilled for at least 1 hour.

4. Freshness times sweetness equals satisfaction. Use within 2 days.



Tropical Ice pops

1 frozen banana, sliced
2 cups cantaloupe, sliced
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp white sugar
Dash of nutmeg and cinnamon
Coconut gelatin chunks
1 tsp flax seed (very optional)
4 part popsicle mould


1. Blend banana, milk and flax seed for a base. Add the remaining ingredients (except the coconut) and blend until smooth.

2. Pour into mould, add coconut chunks and cover. Freeze for a couple hours.

3. Enjoy a bite on the tropics on your balcony or  in the comfort of your room.


0 comments